As a dietitian with a special interest in helping families and individuals on the autistic spectrum, and having recently moved back to South Warwickshire, I thought it would be useful to compile a list of local services for those on the autism spectrum and their families.
If you think I’ve missed your service or your favourite service, please do email me or submit it as a comment below.
- Warwickshire Adult Autism Support Service (Warwickshire County Council)
- Warwickshire NHS Child Development Service
- Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Support groups and charities:
- Autism West Midlands
- Stratford upon Avon branch of the National Autistic Society
- Warwickshire Health Care Charity – provides funds to some autism related projects
- Autism Care UK – supported living services
- ILEAP – inclusive leisure activity support
- ContinYou – support and activity listings and Warwickshire PArent Partnership for parents of children with SEN
- PAWS – Parents autism workshops and support – learning to use the power of your pet dog
- Coventry Action for Autism group
- Special People – Kenilworth (link to Facebook page)
Private Health and education professionals:
- Independent education advice from Pippa Brook, special needs teacher
- Diet and nutrition advice from a Registered Dietitian – Zoe Connor (me)
Complementary and Alternative Health Practitioners:
- Homeopaths Carol Fieldhouse and Chris Hitch – Superkids clinic in Shipston Therapy Centre (various other CAM practitioners also available there)
Other Warwickshire services lists:
Further afield – Specialist schools and colleges:
- Penhurst School in Chipping Norton
- Queen Alexandra College in Birmingham – for 16+
- Kisimul schools and adults services – in Lincolnshire
- Witherslack group of schools – in the North East, North West and Chilworth School in Oxford.
- Ruskin Mill Educational Trust – colleges for people with learning disabilities including the fantastic Glasshouse College in Stourbridge.
- Options Group – nationwide schools and adult transition services including AALPS in Worcestershire.
- Sunfield school, residential care and outreach services in Stourbridge, north Worcestershire.
- SENAD schools and colleges.
- I Can schools
- Living Autism – adults services directory.
Disclaimer: This is a list compiled using online resources and personal knowledge, however, inclusion in this list does not mean that I personally or professionally recommend the services – many of which I have not accessed myself.