My fees reflect the additional time outside a consultation that I spend on report writing, writing support materials and keeping up to date with the latest research and best practice, as well as the day-to-day admin time costs involved in running a high quality business. They are in line with guidance on fees from the British Dietetic Association.
Fees for standard private consultations:
- £90 for the initial consultation – around an hour’s contact, plus paperwork and a report to your GP, copied to you.
- £75 for a 45 minute standard follow-up appointment. Some follow-ups may need to be longer – if so, charges are £100 per hour.
Possible additional charges (which I will check with you before charging) are:
- Travel time charged at half time (£50 per hour) plus 45p/mile for mileage for appointments at locations other than my usual clinic locations. My base is in South Warwickshire, Shipston on Stour, CV36.
- If I request a medical report of copy of test results from your GP, they may charge up to £50 for this as per NHS guidance. If they do, you will be liable to pay this as an extra – but I would check this with you first.
- For some complex issues, consultations may take double time, so charges may be increased.
I am available for medico-legal, writing, media, speaking and project work. Please contact me for an individualised quote.